"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Village

We went to a Christmas Village in a town about 20 minutes away. They had tiny houses with a big window display in each house. The kids LOVED it!
I love the way Luke & Ashlynn's eyes lit up at each house. These lights were meant to look like lollipops. Luke and Ashlynn took turns licking them to test their authenicity. I wonder how many other kids licked the same spot!
It was freeeeezing-so we had to get all bundled up for the occasion.
One of the tiny houses actually had SANTA waiting inside! Luke and Ashlynn were terrified! We had to hold them there by force...that is until Santa pulled out the candy canes. They suddenly became Santa's best friends.
Ashlynn sporting her new 'Cheesy', Ben and Luke.
Here I am wearing my new coat. Luke asks me to ROAR every time I wear it. He told me he loves my new lion coat. He also says Ashlynn is a pink lion in her coat.
This was a free train ride to another Christmas Village across town.
Our kids loved the train ride.
Pink Lion Ashlynn
Luke's personal favorite in the Christmas Village! The reindeer ghost at the bottom was suspended in air by invisible strings. He was flying around and Luke loved it.
Our personal favorite. The Snowman Cafe. How cute is this?! The snowman in the middle melted because he ate hot soup. The only thing left of him is a carrot nose and coal eyes sitting on the chair. The expression of the other snowmen is cute too.

1 comment:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I WANNA GO! I WANNA GO! How fun!!! Josh and Ryan would love that so much, especially that it included a train ride! Looks like so much fun!