"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Monday, June 23, 2008

Father's Day & Summer Fun

For Father's Day we had a BBQ at home, ate WAY TOO much and then headed to Castle Park. I had the kids wear their 'Daddy Shirts' just for Ben. Ashlynn's T-shirt says, "Daddy's Cup Cake". She LOVES cupcakes and calls them "K-K's". This is her third outfit with a cupcake on it. She wants to wear KK shirts everyday.
Luke's shirt says, "I get my muscles from my Dad."
Just look at those bulging muscles!!! Ben was so happy to spend Father's day playing whiffle ball with his brother Ron. Hey, I thought that whiffle ball set was Luke's b-day present!!! Now I know what to get Ben for his b-day next year.
Super Twins-Activate! Grandma Carolyn knew there was no way she would be able to buy Luke a Superman outfit without getting one for Ashlynn. That would be injustice for sure! Ashlynn would let us hear about it for days. For some reason the kids really LOVE these glasses and fight over them constantly. Just so you know, we didn't buy these awful sunglasses...we found them. Our cute little thumb sucker. Does anyone know how to stop kids from sucking their thumb? Please leave comments:)

TAh Dah! It's the horrible sunglasses that we love so much.
Luke bought this Halloween hat at a garage sale for 50 cents. It is brand new and one of his most prized possessions. Luke loves Halloween.
Luke's first bicycle! He loves it and asks to ride it first thing in the morning. To our surprise, he rides his bike really well. Luke loves the sprinkler and Ashlynn hates it. If she gets a drop on her, she thinks her life is coming to an end. When Luke sees a sprinkler going, he HAS to run through it or ride his bike through it as fast as he can. They are so different.

Yay!!! A visit from Melissa and Bob Brady. Melissa and I grew up together in Minnesota.
Oh... the days of Rambina and Tuanda...such fond memories. Stake dances, Girls Camp, sleepovers, the Scattergories game, etc. I love Melissa and wish that we lived closer together. These guys were just passing through, so we weren't able to visit for very long.
Maybe next time?!
My sister, Danielle, and I met at a park the other day to visit and let our kids play. It was a lot of fun.
Here are all the cousins together. My kids, of course, behaving the best for photos:) I have no idea what they are doing it this picture.

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

So many funny things in this post I don't even know where to begin!!

Well first, glad you guys had a great father's day. Looks like fun and love that Ben was using Luke's b-day gift!!

Man I wish I knew Ashlynn loved "k-k's" so much, Gymboree had a huge cupcake line earlier this spring that she would have loved...even church shoes with cupcakes on them!!

I love Ashlynn in her superman outfit. She looks so cute. I didn't know you could still look so girly in that costume!

I have to admit, those sunglasses are hideous!!! That picture of Ashlynn sure gave me a good laugh though. It looks like she's going to try out for an 80's MTV video!!

Luke's Halloween hat is so perfect for him!! I can't believe you guys found that. I'm sure he was thrilled when you told him he could have it! Glad Luke is starting to like his bike too.

As for thumb sucking, I have read so many things online for Avery's finger sucking and ALL of them say you shouldn't try to stop that habit until they are between 3-6 years old! "They" say it just isn't that big of a deal yet for dental reasons and too much for their little self esteems to try to stop it too soon. Even Craig said it isn't that big of a deal when a kid is only 2-4 in regards to dental stuff (but definitely try to stop it around that age!!)

The only products I found were some gross tasting stuff you put on the fingers/thumb (called Mavala Stop) and also a shield you put on their hand for $40-75 and a shirt that covers their hand, kind of like newborn shirts. Here's a link that I found:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=thumb+sucking+guard&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=1097368841&ref=pd_sl_1rb6k5zcqc_e

Anyway, good luck with that!!


LOVED this post!!

Greg and Torrey said...

you are funny... and your kids are totally groovy in the sunglasses and halloween hat. and might i add the superman outfits are freakin' adorable. i love to check your blog! also, you asked why that dude had his package on my head on my blog... well, cause it's vegas and he's a perv. love you.

Bob said...

It was GREAT seeing you Tuwanda--I mean, Tanya! You have such beautiful kids and a great hubby. We too, wished we lived closer....we'd have a lot of fun together....probably just playing scattergories every night:-)
Love ya,
Melissa