"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

One of Ben's traditions on New Year's Eve is to beat pots and pans. It was so fun...and loud! Luke thought it was incredibly FUN! We couldn't get him to come back in the house. It was so cute to hear his sweet little voice yelling, "Happy New Year". The spoon Luke is holding eventually broke in half from all the beating!
Ben had just had his Lasik surgery so we tried to stay close to home. Our new friends and neighbors, Mark and Dorothy had us over to their home for a little party. Ben came along too wearing his sunglasses. We had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

mmmandy! said...

Here's another reason why we need to live close to you. Our New Year's celebrations usually consist of me staying up by myself, watching TV. Oh, and listening to our drunk neighbors setting off fireworks til 2 a.m. We (mostly Trav) need some help in the fun department! :) I never knew about Ben's tradition- good stuff.

The Boyles said...

Tanya-

Hey- thanks for the posts! I am not very blog savvy so I apologize for not responding sooner. I am so glad your family is doing well. That is so funny that Jaime and Kat know each other- Kat and her husband moved here from San Antonio so that is how they knew Jaime and Craig I think. I looked at Jaime's blog and saw a link to Kat's so that is how I made the connection.

Your kids are so cute- Jaime's are too. That is neat that you all live fairly close now. I am excited to have a job, but it would be nice to live closer to family.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same- I am working on becoming a better blogger :)

Cami