"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

We traveled over the river and through the woods to Grandma Fern's house for Thanksgiving. Kristen (Ben's sister) lives with her grandma, so we are able to visit with her also. Our children ADORE Aunt Kris-Kris!!!
Grandma Fern made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. My parents came over for dinner too. I kind of felt bad having Ben's 90 year old grandma make dinner for MY family. For some reason I thought more people were coming. Oh-well. We had a great time with Gma Fern. Our children loved spending time at "Grah-Grah's" house. Ashlynn stayed up ALL night long telling me how much she loved sleeping at Grah-Grah's house. She was so thrilled to be there.
Aunt Kris-Kris bought a gingerbread house to make with the kids. They loved every minute of it. I yelled at the kids a few times to stop eating the candy and then I noticed that Kristen was eating it too. That's why my kids adore her! She lets them have more fun than Mommy does.
As soon as we pulled up in our driveway after our trip, Ashlynn started yelling at the top of her lungs..."NO! NO! NO! Want Grah-Grah's house and Kris-Kris!!!
Look! We just had another baby! Just kidding. This is my new nephew, Camden. He was born in October and we were so happy to attend his baby blessing over Thanksgiving weekend.
Here is my sister Jaime and her family with Camden. The only one missing is Josh. He had OTHER things to do at the moment.
Camden is such a sweet little baby. I was feeling a little under the weather so I wasn't able to hold him as much as I wanted to. It is so wonderful to hold a new baby and a new member of our extended family. He is so loved by all his siblings and family.

2 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I should have looked at your blog with that picture of my HUGE body BEFORE I went crazy eating cookies!!

Thanks again for coming up here. We loved seeing you guys and I know Craig really enjoyed spending some time with Ben (finally!!) We love your family a ton and LOVE to spend time with you guys. You are always welcome up here!

Becca said...

You freaked me out with those pictures of you with the baby! I thought I totally missed a mojor event. Love you guys.