"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Yah! Take that!

I am sure if you are reading this, you are wondering why the heck I have Rocky music playing instead of Christmas music. Let me explain...

A little over 2 years ago, someone told me, "It appears you like to do things half way in your life. You've probably lived your whole life like that. Maybe you are used to giving up on things and you are okay with that."

I was in shock because this person didn't even know me, but somehow felt he had the authority to say whatever he wanted. I guess living as a missionary in another country, learning a foreign language, leaving my family for 18 months, being accepted into BYU, getting a job as a MTC teacher, being a wife, giving birth and being a mother is only accomplished by living my life in a
half--- way?!!

hummmm...I don't think so Sir!

Well, I later replied to his comment with this, "That's not true. I've never given up on anything...except a diet and who hasn't given up on a diet!"

Well, today I am happy to say I have reached my lifetime goal at Weight Watchers and hit my 30 pound mark! I even lost 2.6 pounds over Thanksgiving week. Now that I hit this goal, I think I'll lose another 10 pounds just because... I WANT TO!

I didn't do this for him. I did it for me and it feels so good. Doesn't everyone need a Rocky song from time to time?! This song just sums up the way I am feeling today. It makes me what to work even harder!!! YAH!!! So take that and......(well, you know how the saying goes!).

6 comments:

The Boyles said...

Good for you! Just PROMISE me that you won't let yourself get too thin - I really doubt that you need to lose ten more pounds :) Like I have said before - you are so naturally beautiful anyway.

Jenny said...

congrats!

Natalie Black said...

You da (wo)man! We need to get together again!

Melissa said...

You go girl! And I can't BELIEVE someone would have the nerve to say such a thing...maybe he had those problems...but NOT YOU!!!
Congrats Tuwanda!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Did you get my message the other day? I scared the kids when I did it because I was in the car. It was actually pretty funny!!

Anyway, congrats again!! I am so proud of you. That is a huge accomplishment and one that many don't take the time to achive. (including myself, but I'm trying:)

Way to overcome that idiot who said those things too. Sometimes it feels good to have an "in your face" moment towards mean people. Way to be strong!!

I love you tons!!

Flem said...

What kind of person makes a comment like that? Maybe an unhappy one. Congrats on your goal.