"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've been tagged!

As most of you know, I am new to this BLOG thing. A few days ago I was "tagged" by my friend, Mandy, down in Texas. I guess that means it is my turn to write 6 things about myself-or share 6 bad habits. To help me brainstorm, I asked my husband what my bad habits were and he said, "I'm not playing that game!" He proceeded to tell me all the wonderful traits I have instead. Is he good or what? So, I will just share some interesting or random things instead.

1. I have never made a microwave popcorn without burning it. I know, it sounds stupid-but it is true. I always think I can get just a few more pops in before I have to take it out of the microwave. In the Canary Islands (they have higher voltage there), I started a package on fire...it actually had flames shooting out the center! I had to go to a meeting a few minutes later and everyone was asking what the funny smell was in the room. They said it smelled like a campfire. My hair and clothes smelled so bad. My companion and I burst out laughing everytime someone said something about it.

2. Even though I can't remember anything from a movie I just saw 5 minutes ago, I can't stand to watch the same movie twice. I don't know why. It really bugs me. I always feel like I am wasting time and I feel anxious. I know there are people that have their fav's and they watch them over and over again. I married someone just like that and he gets very frustrated that I don't enjoy watching the same part of Starship Troopers where everyone is being blown away by giant bugs. I have never seen that movie, but I always seem to walk by the TV during the same part.

3. One of my biggest pet peeves is when my socks get wet. If I am at home walking around and happen to step in a melted ice cube or a leak from a sippy cup, I get so angry. I have to take them off immediately!

4. I love the smell of the ocean! I remember stepping off the plane in the Canary Islands at night time and smelling the air. I couldn't see the ocean but I knew it was near because the smell was so strong. Some days here in Utah, if there is a strong wind, I can smell the Great Salt Lake too. It has the same smell but not as strong. Everytime I smell it, a flood of memories come with it.

5. I LOVE homemade treats. I hate packaged cookies, cakes, brownies and snacks from the store. I can turn those down with ease...but a homemade chocolate chip cookie???? YUMMY.

6. Ben and I both love to hear our kids chew. I know some of you know what I am talking about. It is so cute to hear their little chomps. It makes me remember they are real little people with needs and wants.

By the way, I tag Jaime, Melissa, Torrey, and Lyndi to list 6 interesting facts about themselves. I know Jaime has already done that before, but if you can come up with more things-that would be great!

4 comments:

Bob said...

That's a great list. It's so funny because two of yours would definitely be two of mine...but I won't copy. (Wet socks and homemade goodies!)
Thanks for sharing. I'm still brainstorming about my list....
Melissa

mmmandy! said...

Yay!! Thanks for being a good sport and playing along. Love the list you came up with. I had no idea that you ALWAYS burn microwave popcorn. I think one of my favorite smells is the ocean, too. It's nice living in Houston b/c you can smell it fairly often, being so close to the Gulf and all. Tell Ben that I'm glad he got something right! :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ben's a smart man indeed!!! I'll have to think about this for a little bit. I know what you mean about wet socks though...sick!! I hate it too.

Thanks for sharing all this. I love reading posts like these. I can always find out something new even about people I think I know the best:)

Ben and Tanya said...

Ben gets a lot of things right. He treats me very well:)