"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy B-day Ashlynn!!

Happy Birthday Ashlynn! Her birthday was last week and she turned 2 years old. I pulled out some old photos from the day she was born and I thought I would share a few of them. Here I am greeting her on her original birthday. It was one of the most wonderful and beautiful days of my life. Spring time is such a wonderful time to have a baby. All the trees have fresh, new leaves and flowers on them and all the tulips (my personal favorite!) are popping up everywhere. As we drove to the hospital and when we returned from the hospital, I remember looking around and seeing hundreds of trees bursting with beautiful pink flowers. Our whole street was lined with these trees. I felt like the Earth had given me a huge bouquet of pink flowers to celebrate Ashlynn's birth. I knew we were bringing someone very special to our home.
I will never forget it!

Here she is on the first day in our home-looking so pretty in pink!

And here she is 2 years later with her Grandma Marge. If you notice Ashlynn's outfit, she is wearing EVERY SINGLE item of clothing she received as a gift. She had to immediately try them all on-at once! She was thrilled to receive new clothes and let out a scream everytime she opened a new outfit. WOW, a true girl from the start!

Opening a gift from her Aunt Jaime and Uncle Craig.

Grandpa Ed wishing Ashlynn a happy birthday.
Ben came home that morning with a huge bouquet of balloons and a princess kit for Ashlynn. The kit was equipped with a wand, stick-on earrings, a necklace and a purse. She LOVED IT! Good Job Ben!
Grandma Marge is trying to help her open her princess kit.
She was loving life!

Ashlynn knew she was special this day! Luke, I must say, was such a good boy too. He never acted jealous or tried to take away from her special day. I thought he might feel sad or left out and he never did. He was very happy for Ashlynn and told her that she was special all day long. It made me sooooo happy.

Sneaking cake together is always fun!

Well, poor little Ashlynn didn't want her special day to come to an end. She REFUSED to remove her birthday/cupcake T-shirt and sparkly princess shoes for 3days and 2nights! Yah, some of you may think we are disgusting for allowing her to wear her outfit for that long-but you have never tried to dress or undress this girl. In the past, I have walked away with a black eye, bloody lip and scratches. Here she is running away from us.
Ashlynn wears these shoes with her jammies too. She can't get enough of them! I love it when you find the perfect gift for your child.
We love this little girl so much even if she is a little spicy!

5 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a cutie with beautiful blue eyes!! She looks so grown up in these pictures!!

You can tell she had the best day of her life and was loving every bit of attention:)

That's actually pretty darn funny about the clothes thing. I haven't had a kid with a strong fetish like that, so maybe I wouldn't think it was funny if I was ending up with split lips, etc. because of it:)

Glad she had a great birthday and that m & d were there to celebrate too. How fun! I can't wait to celebrate Avery's 2nd birthday too.

Happy Birthday Princess Ashlynn!!

Greg and Torrey said...

i melted... aren't lil' girls so sweet? happy birthday, beautiful girl!

Becca said...

Oh my gosh, I love this post. Owen is the same way about his Lightning McQueen PJ's. I was a little worried when I first opened this post, I thought you had had another baby and we didn't know. But Phew, it was just a little trip down memory lane and we hadn't forgotten anything. Ashlynn is such a princess!

mmmandy! said...

I love that you affectionately call your daughter "spicy!" :)

She is a beauty that's for sure. You can just see from the look on her face- how excited she was! That newborn picture in her crib melts my heart. Why couldn't we have been around when she was born to hold such a sweet baby- AND to bring you another Sonic shake?!! :)

House of Hendricks said...

The kids are adorable. I can't believe you have all your birthdays in 6 weeks. I thought it was bad having two in the same month. I love that Ashlynn is a girly girl. I hope Hannah is too. Oh, I am tagging you to answer a question on my blog. It's just describing a bad event in your life that turned out to be a blessing. Only do it if you want. FYI, we are visiting Salt Lake May 14-15 for Kade's work training, so let me know if either of those days would work to get together.