"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Random Thought of the Day

WALMART SCARES ME!

If you have been there lately-or at least the one in our town- you will know what I mean. The last few times I have been there I have observed large groups of severely obese teenagers-usually girls- who are scantily clad and overly loud and obnoxious...and usually sipping from the largest Mountain Dew cup I have EVER seen. To be honest it breaks my heart to see these girls acting like that and looking like that. They could be so much better:(

Have you ever tried to return something at Customer Service at Walmart? Well, I think the 'uni bomber' or someone looking just like him, was standing in line next to me waiting to return a backpack. He was next in line and threw the backpack onto the counter. The woman behind the register flipped the backpack over and pointed to something on the backside of the backpack. She said, "What's this?" The 'uni bomber' said, "That's my name...do you have a problem with that?" Okay...the dude drew all over the backpack with paints. The outcome was a very fancy-graffiti- looking like piece of artwork that spelled out his name. The moron had enough guts to attempt to return that! He then started swearing at the woman and getting very upset that SHE wouldn't accept his !#$@ backpack. Can you believe that? The idiot stood there for 5 minutes and would not move until she accepted the backpack. She became feisty with him and threw his backpack right back at him. At this point I was ready to grab my children and hit the deck or run for our lives.

Also...just a side note...I recently saw 2 teenage boys with a drug dealer in the parking lot. The dealer wrapped a rubber tube around one of the boy's arms. The other boy grabbed a syringe and shoved it into his friends arm. I was horrified because they were standing 5 feet from me in broad daylight next to my car!!! They turned and looked right at me, finished what they were doing and started to walk into the store behind me. Scary!!! I think I will stick with Target for now on. I personally think Walmart is a magnet for...well...let's just say the examples above explain it all!

5 comments:

Bob said...

Tanya--you're such a good writer! I totally agree with you on WalMart being scary! I thought we were the only ones with scantily clad obese teenagers! I've never had an opportunity to witness such a spectacle at customer service yet or the parking lot druggies. But before I do, I think I'll take an oath with you to stick to Target.:-)
Melissa

The Blaisdell Family said...

WEIRD!! I will have to call and tell you my wal-mart story. I think you guys need to move from there:)

Ben and Tanya said...

Ok- my sister, Jaime, just told me a great Wal-mart story today. I know more of you have stories about an experience at Wal-mart. Please share! It would be funny to do a post of everyone's wacko experiences at Wal-mart. You know what???...I can't think of one bizarre experience I have had at Target or some other store like it. I'm telling you...there's just something special about Wal-mart!

Bob said...

I too, was thinking if I had any crazy stories having to do with Target....nope. The only thing I can think of was totally my fault. Wanna hear it? So here's the short version: when our oldest child was just 2 or 3 years old we were having a hard time putting her in the cart--she thought she was a "big girl" and ready to walk. Only problem was she'd wander...so we thought we were great parents by purchasing one of those kid "leashes". So we enter Target, strap on leash (harness may be a better term here...) and let her be "independent" yet safe. Within the first few minutes she jerks it one way to go down the candy aisle, while we ever-so-gently tug her back to us. Result: she falls flat on her face! She's bleeding from either her nose or mouth and within seconds a Target employee is at our side with a slushie and form to sign (so we won't sue.) I all too quickly confess it was our fault, sign the form, and leave happy with a free slushie--talk about customer service!

mmmandy! said...

Never been a Wal-mart fan! I haven't had any scary experiences to share, just an overall dislike for the store. But, they do sell 24 packs of Crayola crayons for 20 cents a piece, before school starts. It's how they reel me in... evil, I say.

I'll know to proceed with caution from now on- at least in your neck of the woods! :)