"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You have to try these pancakes!

I don't think I may ever go back to eating 'regular' pancakes again! Forget the maple syrup. All you need is a little powdered sugar on top. They remind me of something you would only eat at a Bed & Breakfast. I served mine with cut up strawberries too-mmmmmm! I received this recipe from my friend, Ann Lewis. I knew if she thought it was good then I was definitely going to enjoy them too. Enjoy!


Lemon Soufflé Pancakes
In a large bowl, mix:
2 c. flour
2 T sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

In a small bowl, whisk:
2 egg yolks (save whites)
1 3/4 c. buttermilk
2 T melted butter
1 ½ T grated lemon peel
3 T lemon juice

Pour batter milk mix into flour mixture, stir to blend.
Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff, gently fold into the rest.
Serve with fruit and a dusting of powered sugar.

1 comment:

The Blaisdell Family said...

The only thing I like with lemon are lemon bars, but if you like them I suppose I might too:)

You know, you could always add that to the recipe blog (just a hint) :)