"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Festival

We love this place! It is a 100+ year old farm about an hour from our home. In the spring we have attended their Baby Animals Days but this was the first time we attended their Fall Festival. Ben had to work...but my sister, Jaime, made a quick weekend visit with 2 of her 3 children. We had lots of fun! Cotton candy was a must-have! This was Ashlynn's lunch. I know, I am a great mom. She refused to eat anything else once the cotton candy melted in her mouth.
We attempted to make candles too. Luke was very determined to make his own candle and didn't like it when I attempted to help him. He LOVES crafts, art...basically anything hands on! Here is my sis, Jaime making her candle too. Jaime is having a baby in about a month! She was such a trooper walking around that farm for hours and hours!
It's not everyday you get to make a corn husk doll! How fun to think children really used to play with these...and they were happy?! Ashlynn's doll was a 'primpris' (princess) of course and Luke made sure we knew his doll was 100% boy!
This machine removed the kernels from the corn.
Ashlynn was having a showdown with this rooster.
I have never seen a rooster look like this. I think he is beautiful.

Luke was loving a ride on this horse.
He even got to use an outhouse. He was scared when the door slammed behind him.
Luke and cousin Ryan had lots of fun on this ride. Luke loves scary rides and laughed hysterically the entire time. Ryan was a brave little soul and seemed to enjoy the ride too!
Little Avery is fearless! She acted like she had done this a million times before! Look at her little hand holding the saddle. So cute!
A perfect ending to a perfect day!

5 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I'm so glad we were able to do this with you guys. Whenever Josh sees these pictures he says, "I wish I would have come with you instead of dad that day." I don't blame him though....fun outside all day or sitting at a football game? Not even a choice for me!!

Jenny said...

For cute! I still can't believe how big your kids are :( And, when you first saw that outhouse, was the first thing that popped into your mind "SHREK'S SWAMP!" or is this just me being a die-hard kid movie fan?! Sorry, couldn't resist sharing because that's exactly what I thought! Hope all is well.

Bob said...

That first picture looks professional. So adorable! Looks like such a fun place.

Flem said...

I love the last picture- the shot is perfect and the sentiment captures happy, tired children!

The Crandall Family said...

Hi I'm Kristen Crandall. My husband Cort works with Ben. Fun blog, hope it was ok Ben gave us the link. Is this Stansbury Park? If so we love that fall festival too! Its a neat place.