"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Monday, May 26, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Aloha! We have returned from Hawaii!!! I am so sad that it is over-but thank goodness we made it home just a few hours before Luke's preschool graduation. Can you tell which one of these cute little guys is LUKE? Poor guy! His hat was too big and he was so petrified he couldn't move a muscle to try to fix it. I think he gets that from me. He looks the way I feel in social gatherings.

Every child won an award for one thing they excelled at. Here is Luke receiving an award for being an "Alphabet Wiz". I was so proud of him. He joined his preschool class in the middle of the school year (January) and all the other students started in September. He has managed to do really well at school. He is quite the perfectionist with his art work and writing letters.

After the graduation ceremony, Luke returned to his normal, fun little self. Since Luke just turned 4, he will be attending another year of preschool before he goes to kindergarten. So I guess today was a 'just for fun' graduation. I personally had never heard of a graduation for preschool-but I guess you have to call it something. It was really fun to watch. Preschool has really helped him gain some confidence and allowed him to interact with other children without his mommy being around.
*********
For those of you wondering where our Hawaii photos are...I guess you could say we are having some technical difficulties. I will post them as soon as I can. I just couldn't wait any longer to post Luke's fun little day at preschool.

3 comments:

mmmandy! said...

He's so cute! He should've won the award for best smile, I think. :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

That first picture is almost painful. I feel for the poor guy. It has to be a genetic issue:) At least he still went up there. I give him credit for being brave!!!

What an exciting award he received!! That's great. Sounds like he's doing an incredible job learning and will be well prepared for K in 2009.

Love the huge smile in the last picture!!

Lynnette said...

Hey guys! I found your blog through Hna. Crabe's. It is fun to see pics of your family and catch up on what you are up to. I can't believe how big Luke is. But I guess he and Eve are only a few months apart. We should try to get together this summer again.