"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Monday, August 4, 2008

Discovery Gateway

I forgot to post these photos from last month. A friend of mine gave us free tickets to the Discovery Gateway. So Much FUN! The kids had a blast!

Here I am consoling my daughter after her first fight with a boy! The scoundrel tried to take her toy away so she gave him a light push. The boy then scratched her face and pushed her 10 times harder than the push she gave him. She stood her ground and I had to pull her away from the nasty little boy. Luke has never been in a fight like this-he usually just walks away. My children are so different from each other. I love Luke for being a peacemaker and I love Ashlynn for her fiestiness!

Ashlynn has never been a fan of trying new things. Even with DaDa at her side, the plasic horse was terrifying.

I swear I could tell her personality from the second she was born. For example, when Luke was born he made one small 'yelp' noise and that was it! Ashlynn came into the world screaming "What the @#$! was that all about??!!" She wanted everyone to know she was uncomfortable and scared.

Nope. I don't see any fear here. Only pure enjoyment.

This was a much safer activity for Ashlynn.

A construction zone-how fun is that?

Planting flowers.

Playing with water without getting yelled at by mom and dad-now that is a fun time!

Sitting in a Life Flight Heliocopter.

They also have a pretend grocery store, a rock climbing wall, theater area, movie making area and so much more. Thanks Caitlyn for the tickets!

6 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

How fun! I love places like that. I really, really, wish Idaho would get their act together and have more places like this. I want to bring the kids to amuzement places, but none excist!

I love the difference btw. the kids personalities too. That is so funny. Why is it that the girls are so fiesty like that??

Glad you guys got to do this.

Oh, love Ashlynn's apple shirt too. Super cute!!

Flem said...

We took our kids there this summer and after five hours I had to drag them out. We had a great time, especially because our local Natural History Museum membership worked there--hallelujah for reciprocity!

Bob said...

Looks like a fun place!!

And Tanya, you're looking hot!

This is Melissa...so your hubby doesn't come hunt down Bob:-)

mmmandy! said...

Good for Ashlynn, standing her ground!! I know a few kids who could learn a thing or two from her.

Can I just say that you look SO great?!! I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to look that good at such a place. You may want to check into that before you go next time.

Ben and Tanya said...

Ok-you guys are being way too nice. Although it does make me feel good-I can guarantee you that it was just a good camera angle!!

Caitlyn Dixon said...

You are so welcome. I'm happy you all had fun!