"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Antelope Island

A few weeks ago (yes, I am ALWAYS behind at blogging), the kids and I went to Antelope Island with my friend (& former roommate), Danielle. I haven't seen Danielle for 4 years! We had a lot to catch up on. We were actually only roommates for a few months, but we had a lot of fun together. I love hearing stories from her life...they always crack me up! We definitely need to get together again...SOON! Cuteness! I love this photo of Luke. He is trying on a farmers hat at the ranch at Antelope Island. The original homes and farm are still there as a museum for you to walk through.

Luke and Danielle's 2 cuties were trying to rope some steer (did I say that right?).

I was a dork this morning and left without 2 important things- my camera and gas in the car! So, these photos were taken courtesy of Danielle (thanks!). As for the empty tank of gas...we just drove around hoping the car didn't stall near a herd of Buffalo.

For those of you who do not know, Antelope Island is one of the islands on the Great Salt Lake. I don't know why, but this place amazes me. Here is a photo of the kids with the Great Salt Lake in the background. At the visitor's center, you can see a small aquarium full of brine shrimp that live in the lake water. You can also read how vital Antelope Island is to so many forms of life-especially migrating birds. It looks like a barren wasteland-but it is full of life and is so important to the environment.

Here is Danielle and I (and a scowling little Ashlynn) after 10 years of knowing each other. We had a lot of fun talking about roadtrips, boyfriends, our sweet babies, travel, family and etc. What a fun day!

(click here and here for more info about Antelope Island)

1 comment:

Bob said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous view! I thought it was the ocean at first. Talk about being adventureous--you've all been keeping busy this summer too!
(And yes the great memories of girls camp. My favorite: being banned from the beach the first day of my first year because we canoed around a far off island on the lake and then swamped it on the way back. Probably to show off to our male lifeguard. Good times!)
~Melissa