"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Luke's 3 Favorite Things in the World

Today Luke said, "Mommy, do you want to know what my 3 favorite things in the world are?" I was very curious and said 'yes' of course. He then recited his list to me,

"I love Halloween, Christmas and Family Home Evening."

I wasn't surprised by the first two on his list, but the third one made my heart leap with joy. If you have tried to do one of these with your children, you will know why I took that as a compliment from my 4 year old. At the end of FHE, I usually feel I spent the entire evening telling the kids to listen or to stop fighting. I haven't put together a FHE for several weeks now, but with a compliment like that- how can I not try a little harder to spend that time with my family?

(If you want to know what Family Home Evening is, click HERE)

5 comments:

Flem said...

Wow! You know you have arrived when your kids say that is one of their favorite things... Nicely done guys! Does Ben tell jokes? Because maybe that is what we need more of around our place.

Greg and Torrey said...

ahhh sweet, we really haven't attempted to do FHE yet. We should get on it... you inspire me.

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's so sweet. I told Craig we need to get going on that. I want the kids in the habit while they are still young! Good job on encouraging FHE in your family!

Rebecca Baca said...

Emma once told me that FHE was kinda boring but that she liked it anyway. Thanks for inspiring me to keep trying!

Adrienne said...

Cute! I love reading your little stories! I have a blog too
afloridianinutah.blogspot.com
Without kids it's not as cute as yours and Torrey's, but I do my best :)