"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hooray for Me!

This past year I have been working on something very difficult...LOSING WEIGHT! I have always struggled with my weight, but I think this last YEAR (yes, one whole YEAR!) was the hardest battle I have ever had with it. Maybe it is because I am older now and have had 2 children & struggle with some personal issues??!! I don't know. But I do know that I can be proud of one thing...I NEVER gave up. One year ago at the beginning of October, I signed up with Weight Watchers and I promised myself that I would never give up. Well, to celebrate my one year mark, I wanted to tell the world that I have lost 25 pounds! Some people could probably lose that same amount in 6 months, but I have never been one to take a shortcut:) I am so delighted to say I kept my promise to myself and it feels so incredibly wonderful! I absolutely love Weight Watchers and I can't say enough about the program. I had a lot of ups and downs and sometimes I thought it was impossible for me to lose weight. I still have about 10 more pounds to lose, but I had to take a moment to reflect on this past year and celebrate in a non-food way!!! The photo above was taken by Luke a few months ago when I won an award at WW. I have since lost a few more pounds. I am so excited and feel so good! I can honestly say...I worked my tail off:)

7 comments:

Flem said...

Thanks for posting! I am in the middle of trying to get there myself and this was totally motivating. Congratulations but for the record you have always been beautiful.

Greg and Torrey said...

yay tanya... i am so happy for you! i think you look phenomenal! way to be a motivation to all of us that read your blog! i gained a buttload of weight on all the hormones etc... i gained 70 lbs FAST. i am happy to report that i have now lost almost 30 and have another 30 or so to go! it definitely is a difficult journey... i applaud you and am SO happy for your achievements. i love you, beautiful.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Good job you sexy thang! You look great. You should feel SO proud of yourself. That is one heck of an accomplishment!! I will soon be on that same road and I know I will have someone I can talk to about it and it's great! What an example you are to have stuck to it for so long and continue to do so. Way to go Tanya-girl!!

Bob said...

You deserve a big hug! (I was going to say chocolate cake...but that wouldn't be good:-)
Two years ago I was 20lbs heavier and couldn't run a whole mile without stopping...I know how good it feels to get back into shape...it truly changes you mentally as well as physcially! Way to go!!!
~Melissa

The Boyles said...

Tanya -

Congrats- but just know that I think you have always looked great and been beautiful. By the way- I would love to catch up somtime! Do you happen to have a verizon cell phone? If so we do too and could talk for free - maybe send me your number in an e-mail and if you don't have my e-mail I can give it to you :)

Tracy said...

When I saw you on Halloween I couldn't believe how good you looked. I need to get my butt in gear too. I'm so proud of you!!!

Beth said...

You look AWESOME!! It's so hard to stick to something like that for so long, great job!!! And your hard work shows!!!!