"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin...oh how I love thee!

I know I have mentioned several times that Luke LOVES pumpkins...well, this is proof. Does anyone else out there sleep with their pumpkin for the whole month of October? Luke has since replaced the pumpkin in the photo with one he found at a local pumpkin patch. The new one is square shaped and he swears he found 'Spookley'. If you don't know who 'Spookley' is, you have to check out the book at the library. It is a great story.

I also have to share a story about something that happened the other day. While standing in an aisle at Target, I noticed the woman next to me had purple, punk styled hair. She was also wearing chains and skulls everywhere and had piercings and etc. I don't think she was dressing up for Halloween due to the piercings and tattoes. I tried to block Luke from seeing her because I knew he would think she was dressed up for Halloween. Well, I could see the exact moment he noticed her because his whole face lit up and he ran to her side with a smile from ear to ear. He was only 1 foot away from her and yelled out (while pointing), "Mommy, look at her!!! SHE IS ALL READY FOR HALLOWEEN!!!" The woman did NOT think this was funny. I tried so hard not to burst out laughing. My face turned red and I tried to pull him away from her. He was so excited that he had found someone who loved Halloween as much as he does.

3 comments:

Caitlyn Dixon said...

That is so cute! I miss working with you and listening to great stories such as these.

mama bear said...

I mean really, what did she expect going out in public like that in the middle of the day?! I say, let them make all the comments they want and maybe some of these crazies will realize they look ridiculous! (of course, I probably would have been mortified if it was my kids pointing out the halloween lady.)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Well, if that lady didn't like it, then maybe she shouldn't dress like a freak when it's not Halloween! Great story to tell though. I can only imagine your thoughts at that moment!! I would have loved to see YOUR face more than Lukes:) I'm sure it was priceless!

And I bet you will have some awesome stories to tell after he gets done trick-or-treating tonight. I can't wait!