"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stand a Little Taller

Every day since the passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley, I have read from his book, Stand a Little Taller. The quote for today is this:

November 17, page 336

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

"The kingdom of God is not a DEMOCRACY. Wickedness and righteousness are not legislated by majority vote. Right and wrong are not determined by polls or pundits, though many would have us believe otherwise. Evil never was happiness. Happiness lies in the power and the sweet simplicity of VIRTUE."

- President Gordon B. Hinckley.


Is this not the perfect quote to hear this morning? I really needed to hear it and be reminded of these powerful words from a prophet of God. May we all stand a little taller today because of it!

2 comments:

Flem said...

Great quote! Thanks for sharing-- I heard Pres. Monson speak last night at the Mexico Temple re-dedication (via broadcast) and I was inspired by his words as well.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Amen to that!!