"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Once again, this is not the order I wanted the photos. Oh-well. Check out Luke's 'scary eyes' face. He is very proud of it. Ashlynn is sporting some major 80's look with her hair and clothes. I love it.
This was the first year Ben and I didn't really care about Halloween. I can't believe I just said that! In the past we have both LOVED Halloween and we usually dress up and each carve a pumpkin. This year we only did 2 pumpkins. We can't seem to pull ourselves out of this slump. Our thoughts for the upcoming Holidays are the same way. What is wrong with us?
Thank goodness for children. They have forced us to still have some fun this year. Ashlynn took one look inside the pumpkin and saw the 'guts' inside and said, "EW, GROSS!!!". She ran to the front room and laid down on the couch and 'read' a Toys R Us magazine. She is such a little diva! I should have taken a photo of her laying there. She wanted nothing to do with the filthy pumpkin. Ashlynn cracks me up and I love her to bits.

Luke asked Ben to pose like the carved pumpkin. Ben, of course, couldn't refuse. Don't they all look alike? :)

2 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ashlynn is a little diva isn't she. That's what she can be next year:)

I knew before even looking through all the pictures that you had to of done Ashlynn's pumpkin and Ben did Luke's:) And Luke's eyes are freaky!! I have never seen an imagination like that little guy's!! It's incredible!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, and has Ben lost weight too? He looks thinner in that last picture. If so, way to go Ben! If not, what's your secret for pictures? Is it that pose? I'll try that for our next family pictures:)