"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Friday, March 21, 2008

Gma. Fern & Kristen

Last week we visited Ben's Grandma Fern and his sister Kristen. We also visited my sister, Jaime and my parents, but I will post those photos later. We took so many photos that I decided to break up all the visits with their own post.
Great Grandma Fern and Luke.
Luke loved visting her! At the dinner table he spooned a few tablespoons full of her homemade jam on his crackers, soup, cheese, bread, well...everything he could think of and then said, "Can we stay here forever and just eat?!!" He got a few chuckles out of Gma. Fern with that comment.
One more cute story...Later on that evening, I was trying to explain to Luke that Gma Fern is a "Great" Grandma. This was his reply... "Yeah, I already knew that!"

Luke also loves his Aunt Kristen as you can tell in this photo.

Aunt Kristen has quite the stash of toys to play with. I wish I would have taken a photo of her collection. Luke said, "Why do we have to have stupid toys at home?" I wish I had known he felt that way around Christmas time. He would have received coal in his stocking instead of toys.
Another fun adventure at Gma. Fern's house! She had this crazy thing you hook up to a vacuum cleaner and it produced an insane amount of bubbles.

These pictures show how different these two kids can be. With the growing amount of bubbles, Ashlynn thought for sure her life was coming to an end. It is written all over her face. Meanwhile, in the background, Luke is laughing uncontrollably.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Can you buy that bubble maker attachment at Target? I love poor Ashlynn's face. So expressive! (Love those big blue eyes!)
Glad you had a good time with family.
Melissa

The Blaisdell Family said...

Grandma Fern looks great!! I don't think I've see a picture of her for a long time (or in person).

I'm still laughing about the bubble pictures. Poor little Ashlynn, it's tough being so sensitive about life:)

It looks like everyone had a great time!!

mmmandy! said...

Ashlynn's reaction is totally how ALL of our kids would react. (wusses) We have a jetted tub that I'm pretty sure has scarred them for life. Luke is so awesome and fearless! love it!