"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gma. Marge & Papa Ed

After our visits with Gma. Fern and Kristen and the Chuck E. Cheese adventure with Jaime and Craig, we headed up north a little further to visit my parents. As you can see, there is still A LOT of snow up there. My parents have a beautiful scenic view all 360 degrees around their home. It was so peaceful and quiet up there. I loved it! Especially with all the glistening snow!
Yep, I had to take my coat off because I was getting TOO hot running around in the snow with the kids and sledding down hills. Although this picture doesn't show it, the day was absolutely sunny and warm. The flash on our camera was messed up from the sheen of the sun bouncing off the snow.

We even got Grandma Marge on the snowmobile after 35+ years! She did a great job and really enjoyed herself...so did her little dog. I really love this picture because just one year ago she fell and had multiple fractures in her pelvis. At one point I worried that we would never see a photo like this again!!! Her self determination and the prayers of friends and family granted us this wonderful blessing! My Aunt Barbie and Will also took great care of my mom during her healing process. Thanks so much!

Luke found a nice little hideout while waiting for his turn on the snowmobile. The hole he is sitting in is the place where Ben stepped in and sunk up to his waist!

Luke loved sledding! This kid is almost fearless.

Ben LOVED snowmobiling! Let's face it, Tennessee boys don't get to do this everyday!

Here we are with my Dad.

Ashlynn took one look at this machine and tried to run away as fast as she could. We made her go on it anyway and from that point on, no one could get her off of it!!! Crazy Girl! She thought she owned the thing! She even had to have her little hands on the steering wheel.

Wait...what's this?...
It's a Big Foot sighting!
Actually, it's just Ben sinking 3 feet into the snow each and every step. It was so comical that we had to take a picture. It took him 20 minutes to take 5 steps.
We also celebrated my birthday. My Mom had her house decorated with ballons, streamers and a banner. She made a wonderful lasagna dinner and a yummy family favorite: Mayonnaise Cake (don't say YUCK until you try it) with chocolate frosting. Moms make things so wonderful! What would we do without them.

5 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I want to go up there so bad, but it seems like every weekend we plan on it Craig ends up on call that same weekend:( (Well he's on call EVERY weekend but those weekends are the ones that we don't have a backup person to cover for Craig) I think you guys have visited mom & dad just as much as we have and we only live 1 1/2 hours away! It makes me sad.

I'm glad that you got to celebrate your birthday with them too. Mom does makes things special for our birthdays and holiday whenever she can! It's great.

Those pictures of Ben cracked me up. I can totally picture it taking 20 min. to go 5 steps. I bet he was so tired!!

Natalie Black said...

Cute pics Tanya! Looks like the kids are growing up so fast! We need to get together again soon.

Greg and Torrey said...

snow? what's that? looks like you guys had a blast! such the cute family. i sure miss you guys... we need to get together when i'm up north. i should be heading up in the near future now that it's not so freezing. i love ya.

Bob said...

That snow looked like fun! (Around here if we have a lot like that it's too cold to play in...yeah, I know you remember.) I'm not complaining...I guess we're just ready for spring! I love the pics--sounds like your parents have an awesome place!
Glad to see you celebrated your birthday with your parents and they knew how to treat you :-) I agree, what would we do without moms?
(Hi Ed & Marge! We miss your smiling faces at church each Sunday!)
Melissa

Lyndi said...

oh, how fun! but wait...didn't Ben swear he'd never go back there after the last time with ice on the inside of the windows?? you must have gotten him warmer clothes! :)