"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sugar & Spice

This post is dedicated to my sugar muffin, babe-a-licious, fiesty bear, baby doll & etc...otherwise known as our little Ashlynn Berry. Some of those nicknames may make you sick, but I can't help but gush a little when I talk about Ashlynn.
I haven't posted a picture of her for a while because I hadn't downloaded our pics from the last month or so. Here are some of her lastest adventures:

She loves taking care of her baby dolls. Here she is trying to feed one of them her sippy cup. OH! So cute. I love how tender she is with them.

Here she is looking so grown-up! She is also sporting her VERY first...

...Pony Tail! She looked so cute.
Ashlynn is also wearing her MOST favorite outfit in the world. They are hand-me-down jammies from her cousins in Tennessee! She wants to wear these everyday and protests when we have to remove them for bathtime. One time a nurse asked me to have Ashlynn remove these jammies for a 'weigh in' on the scale. Well... let's just say Ashlynn won.

Look at that (guilty) smile!

Ashlynn got caught sitting on top of our counter height table. She is quite the climber. Notice the outfit? She loves to dress herself and will usually only wear pink or purple or the jammies stated above. This girl is not even 2 yet! In this picture she is wearing a dress with a brown skirt under the dress. Thank goodness we didn't leave the house this day.

And finally, here is Ashlynn keeping up with big brother. And yes, Luke still wears the Lion suit on occasion. Is it any wonder that one of his favorite books is 'Where the Wild Things Are'? Ashlynn recently received an inkpen stab in the eye and a visit to the doctor. Her corneal abrasion is healing just fine. The first thing the doctor asked us was, "Let me guess...was it big brother?" Just another thing I missed out on by having only sisters!!!

3 comments:

mmmandy! said...

I had TWO brothers and never got a pen to the eye! I guess Ashlynn's just lucky!!
I love her pony tail. I swear Kaia looks like a completely different kid whenever we pull her hair back. It's exciting when their hair gets long enough to do stuff with. She's so cute- I can't believe I haven't even met her yet... It makes me sad. Hopefully soon, though!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I can't believe how much her hair has grown!!! Makes me jealous. I want Avery to have hair SO bad! I can't wait to do ponytails. My first thoughts were, "wow, ashlynn has grown up a lot!!" She's such a cutie. I love all those curls and her gorgeous blue eyes! I can't wait to see you guys!!

Lyndi said...

wow! i can't believe she's not even 2 yet! she looks so tall and she has a ton of hair. it is so adorable - especially the curls! i wish one of my kids got my curls, but no such luck. she's so cute!