"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Saturday, January 23, 2010

4. A Visit From an Angel


No, this wasn't a visit from a heavenly angel, but it sure felt like it.  Last April was really rough.  There was an entire week my children ate fish crackers and cheesesticks for breakfast & lunch and then had cold cereal with their daddy for dinner.  I was a mess.  Although my children claim it was the best breakfast, lunch and dinner they ever ate-go figure!

My sister Jaime found babysitters for 2 of her children and loaded the other 2 up in her van and drove 6 hours to come to my aid.  Before she even arrived at my door, she had menus planned for the week and all the groceries purchased to make those meals.  She made yummy meals for us, cleaned my nasty house, entertained my children, and most of all let us know she loved us and cared about us. 

When the rest of my world seemed to walk away...she was the only one to walk in.  I think that merits the title of an angel.  She just happens to be my sister too!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so nice of her. What a wonderful sister! You're very blessed to have her.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Thanks Tanya. You're so sweet to think I deserve such a title :) You obviously see more in my than myself!

Greg and Torrey said...

tanya, that is so nice to recognize your sister in this way. i know you and jaime have always had a special connection. i'm sure you would do the same for her. how wonderful to have someone drop everything to come be by your side in your time of need. love this, tanya. i'm so glad you're in a better place. love you.