"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Keeping It Real For 2010!


Last night I spent hours uploading 1300 photos from our camera to our computer. We hadn't done that since January last year! I guess you could call us procastinators?...maybe...but I think 'indifferent' is more like it. I recently reviewed my list of fellow bloggers and realized that many of them have also fallen off the 'blog wagon' and converted themselves mostly to facebook. I like facebook and blogs both-for different reasons of course. I loved blogging for a while until life got really hard. My mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." I guess that is what happened to us. I have mentioned before that part of 2008 and all of 2009 hasn't been kind to us. We had no problem saying good bye to 2009 and welcoming 2010 with open arms. To be honest, I have a few choice words for 2009, but I have realized some happiness had to exist at some point if we ended up taking over 1300 photos!

Even though blog followers are becoming extinct and their comments (which are always fun) seem to be even more extinct, I realized that my blog in the past helped me to focus on the positive and form a gratitude journal of some sort. I have been a journal writer since I was 8 years old and in some ways my real journal suffered from my blogging. I didn't have time for both. For 2010, I think keeping blog posts simple and short with a few pictures might be more beneficial than documenting every waking moment of my children...accompanied by 10+ photos at a time! I don't want my blog to take away moments from my children and family because I am spending so much time on the computer instead of being with them. To help me focus on the 'good' from 2009, I am going to individually post our top 10 fun, funny or enjoyable moments from 2009. These are the moments that brought a smile to my face, put a beat back in my heart and light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I hear ya on this post!! I love that picture you posted. Everyone looks great and that background....wow!!!

Ben and Tanya said...

Thanks Jaime-Girl, you are always so nice to leave a comment! love you

Mandy said...

I hope you guys have a better year than last year. We need to get together soon!

Flem said...

I have a friend who just uses her blogs for funny or insightful things that her kids say along with some choice pics and it is perfecto!

I am too lazy for real journaling so my blog is all I have, comments or no.

And google reader has been the death of comments in my opinion which keeps me blogging for the record of it if nothing else.