"The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days." -Robert Leighton

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

6. Two Trips to Cascade


During 2009 we were able to make two great trips to visit my parents in Cascade.  During the first one, my parents borrowed a pontoon boat and we had a wonderful day on the lake.  It was perfect weather and perfect company.  My sister Jaime and her family came too and we loved every minute we were able to all be together.  I can still remember how good the sun felt that day.  I didn't want the day to end.

     During our second trip we went canoeing, had a few great campfires and even tried a zip line at a friend's house.  Luke may be shy, but he is quite the dare devil.  He LOVED the zipline and insisted he do it with no hands every time.  I lost count how many times he went down the zipline.  I almost had a heart attack each time he did it.
     Overall, it felt good to surround ourselves with family and enjoy all the yummy food my mom makes. Our kids love visiting their Grandma and Papa. 

No comments: